COMPETITION FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL CHILDREN “ONE DAY IN MY LIFE”
We invite pupils in Classes 9‒12 to take part in a creative work competition, stepping into the role of a young journalist and creating a short story about one day in the life of a special person.
Prepare an article, composition, essay, video or audio report by stepping into the role of a young journalist and preparing a short story about one day in the life of a special person, showcasing this person’s daily life and talents, highlighting the positive aspects – the things that make him happy, the things he’s passionate about and his free time activities, items of food he enjoys, what his dreams are, etc.
The person about whom the story is being written must represent one of the following groups:
- people with mental impairments (MI);
- children with functional impairments who have been diagnosed as having disability* (FI);
- children currently or formerly in care outside their family.
The main prerequisite is to showcase these persons’ daily life and talent, showcasing this person’s daily life and talents, highlighting the positive aspects – the things that make him happy, the things he’s passionate about and his free time activities, items of food he enjoys, what his dreams are, etc. – and depicting how this person can engage in the activities that are important to him and be part of society.
* The target group includes children with functional impairments, who have been determined as suffering from disability due to impaired vision, hearing, mobility, mental development, psychiatric or general illness.
Works for the competition must be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 28.02.2020, specifying:
- the author’s or collective of authors name(-s) and surname(-s);
- schoolteacher’s name and surname;
- precise name of the school;
- address of the school;
- contact phone number and e-mail address.
The format of the works must be such that they can be published on an Internet website:
- text material up to 2,000 words;
- audio and/or video format material with a runtime of up to 7 min;
- photographic material consisting of up to 30 photographs;
- maximum total file volume must not exceed 30 MB.
The first stage of judging of the competition’s works will take place from 02.03.2020 to 20.03.2020, when in two stages the jury will select the 10 best works, which to put to a public vote.
The public vote for the 10 competition works will take place on the website: www.cilveksnevisdiagnoze.lv from 23.03.2020 to 29.03.2020.
The winners will be announced on 31.03.2020 on the website: www.cilveksnevisdiagnoze.lv.
Competition prize fund
1st place winner – cash prize EUR 1,000 (before taxes).
2nd place winner – cash prize EUR 500 (before taxes).
3rd place winner – cash prize EUR 200 (before taxes).
Three consolation prizes, each worth EUR 100 (before taxes).
Additional educational materials about the deinstitutionalisation project, as well as about the integration into society of a person with mental impairments, child with functional impairments and a child currently or formerly in care outside their family: http://cilveksnevisdiagnoze.lv
For additional information, please contact:
Nords Porter Novelli
Phone: +371 26105225
Brīvības Street 40‒34
Riga, Latvia, LV-1050